HomeMainPage Forums Fishing 240 gal – Orinoco River Biotope

• Author
    George Bennett
    Participant

What you guys think about my 240 gal – Orinoco River Biotope

Alex Litvin
    Participant

Wood is perfect but stuck to a realistic biotope. Guess what i always struggle to fix this thing

George Bennett
    Participant

@alex

I struggle with this as well, glad you think I’ve succeeded. I always think I can do better on achieving that realistic aquascape, definitely a challenge.

Alex Litvin
    Participant

@george
    Just call it a flood plain/temporary submerged bank and you can add all the plans you want, while keeping it realistic 😛

William Buckley
    Participant

Whats your floor and foundation like? Over time that much weight could cause additional settling.

George Bennett
    Participant

@william
    This is sitting right next to a steel reinforced beam and every joist has been carbon fiber reinforced.

James W. Wise
    Participant

I don’t know but 240g seems a tad bit small for that 1 cory.

George Bennett
    Participant

@james

If it wasnt such a bummer it would be pretty comical watching Highlander root around in the grass all by himself.

James W. Wise
    Participant

How’s the water flow in there? I think Highlander wants to sail away, sail away, sail away.

George Bennett
    Participant

Significantly reduced haha I re drilled all of the outflow holes to more than double the area. There is still flow but more river flow like vs Jacuzzi haha still get good mixing while not blasting the fish.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.