Capri is a small Italian island located in the Gulf of Naples, just off the Sorrentine Peninsula. It is famous for its stunning natural beauty, picturesque landscapes, and luxurious lifestyle. Capri has been a popular tourist destination since the ancient Roman times, attracting visitors with its breathtaking views, warm climate, and cultural heritage.
The island’s natural wonders include the famous Blue Grotto, a sea cave with glowing blue water that attracts visitors from all over the world. Capri is also known for its towering limestone cliffs, rugged coastline, and crystal-clear waters, which are ideal for swimming, snorkeling, and diving. The island is also home to lush gardens, beautiful beaches, and scenic hiking trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
In addition to its natural beauty, Capri is also renowned for its upscale lifestyle. The island is dotted with luxurious villas, high-end shops, and world-class restaurants that serve the finest Italian cuisine. Visitors can enjoy a leisurely stroll through the charming town of Capri, explore ancient ruins, or simply relax on the beach and soak up the sun.
Overall, Capri is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves natural beauty, luxury, and Italian culture. Whether you’re looking to explore the island’s natural wonders, indulge in its luxurious lifestyle, or simply relax and unwind, Capri is a truly enchanting destination that is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Top questions and answers people ask about Capri:
- Where is Capri located?
Capri is a small Italian island located in the Gulf of Naples, just off the Sorrentine Peninsula.
- How do I get to Capri?
Capri can be reached by ferry or hydrofoil from Naples, Sorrento, or other nearby towns.
- What is the best time of year to visit Capri?
The best time to visit Capri is from May to September, when the weather is warm and sunny.
- What is the Blue Grotto?
The Blue Grotto is a sea cave on the coast of Capri that is known for its glowing blue water.
- How can I visit the Blue Grotto?
The Blue Grotto can be visited by small boat, which can be arranged through local tour operators.
- What are some popular tourist attractions in Capri?
Popular tourist attractions in Capri include the Blue Grotto, the Gardens of Augustus, Villa San Michele, and the Faraglioni rock formations.
- What is the food like in Capri?
Capri is known for its fresh seafood, lemon-based dishes, and traditional Italian cuisine.
- What is the nightlife like in Capri?
Capri has a vibrant nightlife scene, with a variety of bars, clubs, and lounges that cater to tourists and locals alike.
- What is the local culture like in Capri?
The local culture in Capri is steeped in history, art, and tradition, with a strong emphasis on family, community, and hospitality.
- Are there any festivals or events in Capri?
Capri hosts several festivals and events throughout the year, including the Capri Film Festival, the Anacapri Music Festival, and the Festa di San Costanzo.
- What is the local language spoken in Capri?
The local language spoken in Capri is Italian, but many locals also speak English and other languages.
- What is the currency used in Capri?
The currency used in Capri is the Euro.
- What is the dress code in Capri?
Capri is known for its fashionable and upscale lifestyle, so visitors are encouraged to dress stylishly and appropriately for the occasion.
- What are some popular outdoor activities in Capri?
Popular outdoor activities in Capri include hiking, swimming, boating, and sunbathing on the beach.
- What is the transportation system like in Capri?
Capri has a well-developed transportation system, with buses, taxis, and cable cars that connect the island’s various towns and attractions.
- What are some popular shopping destinations in Capri?
Popular shopping destinations in Capri include Via Camerelle, Via Vittorio Emanuele, and the Piazzetta.
- What are some luxury hotels in Capri?
Some of the top luxury hotels in Capri include the Capri Palace, the JK Place Capri, and the Punta Tragara.
- Are there any beaches in Capri?
Capri has several beautiful beaches, including Marina Piccola, Faro di Punta Carena, and the beach at the Marina Grande.
- What is the history of Capri?
Capri has a rich history that dates back to the ancient Roman times, when it was a popular resort destination for the Roman elite.
- What are some day trips from Capri?
Popular day trips from Capri include visiting the nearby towns of Sorrento, Positano, and Amalfi, as well as exploring the nearby island of Ischia.
Top Resorts in Capri:
- Capri Palace
The Capri Palace is a luxurious resort located in Anacapri, offering breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea. The resort features a spa, two Michelin-starred restaurants, and an extensive art collection.
- JK Place Capri
The JK Place Capri is a stylish boutique hotel located in the heart of Capri. The hotel features a rooftop terrace, a private beach, and a Mediterranean-inspired restaurant.
- Punta Tragara
Punta Tragara is a five-star hotel located on the cliffs of Capri, offering panoramic views of the sea and the Faraglioni rock formations. The resort features a spa, an outdoor pool, and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Grand Hotel Quisisana
The Grand Hotel Quisisana is a historic hotel located in the center of Capri, offering elegant rooms and suites, a rooftop pool, and a wellness center.
- Hotel Caesar Augustus
Hotel Caesar Augustus is a five-star hotel located in Anacapri, offering breathtaking views of the sea and the Bay of Naples. The resort features a spa, a pool, and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Capri Tiberio Palace
Capri Tiberio Palace is a boutique hotel located in the center of Capri, featuring elegant rooms and suites, a rooftop terrace, and a spa.
- Villa Marina Capri Hotel & Spa
Villa Marina Capri Hotel & Spa is a luxurious resort located in Marina Grande, offering panoramic views of the sea and the island. The resort features a spa, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant.
- La Scalinatella
La Scalinatella is a charming hotel located in Anacapri, offering beautiful rooms and suites, a lush garden, and a pool.
- Capri Palace Jumeirah
Capri Palace Jumeirah is a luxurious resort located in Anacapri, offering elegant rooms and suites, a spa, a pool, and three Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Villa San Michele
Villa San Michele is a historic hotel located in Anacapri, offering beautiful rooms and suites, a pool, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Luna
Hotel Luna is a charming hotel located in the center of Capri, offering elegant rooms and suites, a pool, and a restaurant.
- Hotel La Residenza
Hotel La Residenza is a boutique hotel located in the center of Capri, offering stylish rooms and suites, a pool, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Punta Tragara
Hotel Punta Tragara is a luxurious hotel located on the cliffs of Capri, offering breathtaking views of the sea and the Faraglioni rock formations. The resort features a spa, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Weber Ambassador
Hotel Weber Ambassador is a beachfront hotel located in Marina Piccola, offering beautiful rooms and suites, a pool, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Flora Capri
Hotel Flora Capri is a charming hotel located in the center of Capri, offering elegant rooms and suites, a pool, and a restaurant.
- Hotel San Michele
Hotel San Michele is a boutique hotel located in Anacapri, offering beautiful rooms and suites, a pool, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Excelsior Parco
Hotel Excelsior Parco is a historic hotel located in the center of Capri, offering elegant rooms and suites, a pool, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Regina Cristina
Hotel Regina Cristina is a charming hotel located in the center of Capri, offering beautiful rooms and suites,
Capri doesn’t have all-inclusive resorts. Capri is known for its luxurious hotels and resorts that offer a la carte dining and personalized services. Visitors to Capri typically enjoy exploring the island’s natural beauty, history, and culture by dining in local restaurants and participating in activities such as hiking, boating, and sightseeing.
Capri has a rich culinary tradition, and many of its dishes feature fresh seafood, locally grown vegetables, and flavorful herbs and spices. Some of the famous food in Capri, Italy include:
- Caprese Salad – a simple dish made with ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Ravioli Capresi – a traditional dish of Capri made with homemade pasta stuffed with ricotta cheese and herbs, served with a tomato sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
- Linguine al Limone – a light and refreshing pasta dish made with fresh lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and grated parmesan cheese.
- Insalata di Polpo – a salad made with octopus, potatoes, and celery, dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley.
- Gnocchi alla Sorrentina – a hearty dish made with potato dumplings, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Sfogliatelle – a popular pastry filled with ricotta cheese and candied fruit, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Limoncello – a sweet and tangy liqueur made from lemon peels, sugar, and alcohol, often served as a digestif after meals.
- Frittelle di Zucchine – a savory dish made with zucchini fritters, seasoned with garlic and parsley.
- Scialatielli ai Frutti di Mare – a seafood pasta dish made with fresh clams, mussels, and shrimp, tossed in a tomato-based sauce with garlic and chili pepper.
- Pizza Margherita – a classic pizza topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves, representing the colors of the Italian flag.
Capri, Italy is a small island located in the Tyrrhenian Sea, known for its stunning natural beauty and historic landmarks. Some of the famous places in Capri include:
- Blue Grotto (Grotta Azzurra) – a natural sea cave with crystal clear blue waters, illuminated by sunlight reflecting off the water’s surface.
- Villa San Michele – a historic villa built by Swedish physician and writer Axel Munthe, featuring a beautiful garden and panoramic views of the island.
- Faraglioni Rocks – three towering rock formations that rise from the sea, located off the coast of Capri.
- Mount Solaro – the highest point on the island, accessible by chairlift or hiking trail, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding sea and landscape.
- Piazzetta di Capri – a lively square in the heart of Capri town, lined with restaurants, shops, and cafes.
- Augustus Gardens (Giardini di Augusto) – a picturesque garden overlooking the Faraglioni Rocks and the sea, featuring colorful flowers, sculptures, and a terrace with panoramic views.
- Marina Grande – the island’s main port, lined with colorful houses, fishing boats, and seafood restaurants.
- Anacapri – a picturesque village located on the highest part of the island, featuring historic architecture, narrow streets, and scenic views.
- Monte Tuoro – a scenic lookout point located above the Blue Grotto, offering panoramic views of the surrounding sea and coastline.
- Certosa di San Giacomo – a historic monastery and former residence of Capri’s rulers, now home to a museum and cultural center.
Here are some reviews of Capri, Italy from Tripadvisor:
“Absolutely stunning! Capri is a must-visit. The views are breathtaking and the water is crystal clear. We took a boat tour around the island and it was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy.
“Capri is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever visited. The town is charming, the people are friendly, and the food is delicious. I highly recommend taking the chairlift to the top of Mount Solaro for panoramic views of the island.”
“The Blue Grotto is an incredible experience. The water is illuminated with an otherworldly blue light and it’s truly magical. Be prepared to wait in line, but it’s worth it!”
“We stayed in Capri for a week and it was the perfect vacation. The island is small enough to explore in a few days, but there’s enough to see and do to keep you entertained for longer. The beaches are beautiful and the restaurants serve amazing seafood.”
“Capri is expensive, but it’s worth it. The views are breathtaking and the food is delicious. I recommend taking a private boat tour around the island – it’s a great way to see the coastline and get away from the crowds.”
“The hike to Villa Jovis is steep, but the views are incredible. The villa itself is fascinating and it’s amazing to think about the history that took place there.”
“Capri is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever visited. The colors are so vibrant and the scenery is stunning. Make sure to take a dip in the sea – it’s the perfect way to cool off on a hot day.”
“The Faraglioni rocks are a must-see in Capri. They’re so impressive and it’s amazing to think about how they were formed. I recommend taking a boat tour around them to get the best views.”
“The food in Capri is amazing. We had some of the best meals of our trip here. The pizza and pasta are both delicious, and you can’t leave without trying the local limoncello.”
“The streets of Capri are so charming. There are so many little shops and restaurants to explore. The island is also home to some amazing gardens and parks – perfect for a relaxing stroll.”